MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in C40

7:13:00 PM

A few months ago, I received an email request from a reader asking me to swatch my MAC C40 Powder Foundation since she found it really hard to look for a swatch on the C40 shade.  I know this is long overdue, but I wanted to wait when I could buy a new compact since the one I currently have already hit pan.

 Product Info from MAC Cosmetics
A one-step application of foundation and powder. Gives skin a smooth, flawless, all-matte, full-coverage finish. Long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. A real all-in-one. The choice of pros, and a long time favourite of M∙A∙C fans.

Retail Price: $27.00
sold locally for Php 1,700.00 
I bought mine at Rustan's Ayala Center Cebu


MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in C40 Swatch

What I like about it...
* sleek and sturdy black packaging
* it comes with a non-latex sponge
* comes with a mirror
* has very soft and smooth texture
* the powder is very fine and silky
* gives medium to full coverage
* good oil control, my T-Zone starts to get shiny after 5 hours, but not greasy (normal skin)
* a little goes a long way, it took me 10 months to finish a compact
* stays long on my face, about 7 hours before it starts to fade (with moisturizer as base)
* has a very mild scent, almost unnoticeable
* once it reaches the pan, the product on the sides of the compact doesn't fall off
* it has yellow undertones
* the shade C40 matches my skin tone perfectly

What I don't like...
* expensive
* I got a couple of bumps on the first week I used this, 
after the bumps disappeared, my face just got used to it

My rating: 4.5 / 5


This is by far the best powder foundation I have ever tried. Although this is quite pricey, it's still worth every penny.  Aside from it lasting me for about 10 months it matches my skin perfectly. I don't even need to put powder on my neck anymore since they really look even.

I don't use the sponge that came with this compact because it takes so much product from the pan when swiped. I prefer to use my Charm Luxe Flat Top Brush for this, which is also one of the reasons why it took me a while to finish this compact.

I use the Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation everyday except for days that I wear a liquid foundation. I love using the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm or the Mac Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm as base for this powder, but on most days I just use my Celeteque Facial Moisturizer.

I hit the pan on my first compact
One last thing, the product left on the sides of the compact does not fall off when it hits pan. If you noticed with drugstore brand face powders, they tend to crumble after it hits the pan.  My older Mac compact (photo above) already fell twice but product didn't even budge.

I would highly recommend this for those willing to spend this much on a powder foundation. If you are looking for a powder that has good coverage, great oil control, long lasting and comes in a wide array of shades, this is a wonderful product to try.

Until next time.

Cheerios!
***Hollie***

You Might Also Like

15 Comments

  1. i also got acne after trying this out.. i guess di pang mahal ang mukha ko :P LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to buy all of the MAC products, but then they are just too expensive!

    beautythursday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never explored the C range from MAC... is this similar to NC35 or NC40? I guess this one is more yellow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the C range has actually more Yellow undertones as compared to the NC shades. NC35 and NC40 is a little too light on me but NC42 is too orange and too dark on me. C40 was the closest shade for my skin tone. They also have C4 which is one or two shades lighter than C40.

      Delete
    2. uh oh, i need your advice, currently i'm using studio fix C40, and i don't think i can find another perfect tone in my skin. but, all online shop in canberra is running out for c40. do you have any suggestion another studio fix which near to C40. my skin tone is *I guess* in the middle of yellow and olive..

      Thanks yaaa.. xoxo

      Delete
    3. @sihirsenja, We have the same problem, Mac Studio Fix C40 is also the only shade I found that's perfect for my skin tone. Try looking at studio fix C35, I've tried that before but it's one shade lighter than C40.

      Also, try to check your local online sellers that accepts pre-orders for MAC products, that way you can order C40.

      Delete
  4. guess who (tehehehehe)

    have you made a review on your cleh-ruhns?

    btw, tks for the graciosa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review on this one! I'd have to agree with you on drugstore powders, its one of the reasons why i stopped buying face products from the drugstore already, unless I end up something with superb quality.

    Followed your blog

    xoxo,

    Iya

    http://youtube.com/missplpify
    http://missplpify.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hollie, I'm planning to buy this foundation and I don't know how to identify my shade. I'm kind of yellowish.. How can I identify my shade match once I'm on a Mac counter? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krisella, the Mac MUAs at he mac counter will surely be able to help you find your perfect shade. If you plan to buy this foundie, be sure to test it out first on one part of your face to see if you experience any itchiness since I know a lot of friends who are not hiyang to this. If you have dry skin, skip this. I'd suggest the Mineral Skin Finish instead. ^_^

      Delete
  7. Planning on doing my own makeup for a wedding (i'm a bridesmaid), does this photograph well with flash?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I wanna by this one too. I do find it expensive but as you said its long lasting.

    Chic Beauty on a Budget

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. ^_^

Get new posts by email:
Creative Commons License
Random Beauty by Hollie is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 International License.