A few months ago, I finally decided to buy the Mac Brush Cleanser. I've used this cleanser for a couple of times during my Mac stints in Rustan's Ayala Center Cebu and I was impressed with how quick it cleans the brushes.
Product Info from MAC Cosmetics
This one product will clean, disinfect and condition the brush fibers so that brushes will last longer. It is convenient to use and is specifically designed to extend the life of high quality brushes. Brush Cleanser leaves your brushes smelling fresh and clean, and helps shorten their drying time.
Retail Price: $14.00
Retails for Php680.00 locally
Before and After using the Mac Brush Cleanser
What I like about it...
* effective since it dries out the brushes really quick
* removes dirt on brushes easily
* no unpleasant smell
* small amount goes a long way, I had this bottle since May and it's still half full. I just transferred some of the product in to an atomizer or spray bottle. I spot clean my brushes every after use especially on makeup gigs.
* it did not shed the brush fibers either synthetic or natural hair
What I don't like...
* it is expensive since it's only 235ml
My Rating: 4 / 5
Overall, this an good brush cleanser. But I have to try out other brush cleansers from various brands, so that I can really compare. I'm planning to buy the Parian Spirit Brush Cleaner next so that I can compare the two. I still wash my brushes with the liquid hand soap and baby shampoo mixture, but I only do this once a month just to really get rid of the brush dirt. Makeup brush cleansers and just good for spot cleaning.
Until next time.