Ellana Minerals Lip and Cheek Gel Review

12:30:00 PM

I'm back! I have been really busy with taking care of my kiddos after work, so I didn't have time to blog for almost two weeks. Long story, short... my baby's nanny didn't come back. She was supposed to take a one week leave. We waited 2 weeks for her to come back, but she didn't and we never heard from her again. I had to find a replacement asap, and I finally found one... Okay nuff talk about me.

I got the Ellana Minerals Lip and Cheek Gel from my January BDJ Box subscription early this year. I've been using it on days when I just need a quick makeup fix.

Product Info from Ellana Minerals
One of our bestsellers, the Lip & Cheek Gel gives a gorgeous, rosy glow that
lasts the whole day. It delivers a sheer and beautiful no-makeup look while
moisturizing your skin. It doesn’t dry quickly, giving you enough time to blend it
evenly on your cheeks.

Retail Price: Php 220.00


How to Use:
Pump a small amount on the back of your hand. Pick up the product with your fingers then apply it on the apples of your cheeks.

 Ellana Minerals Lip & Cheek Gel in Amethyst Swatch (not blended)

The description says that the shade "Amethyst" is supposed to leave a plummy tint, however it just looks like a sheer red tint on me.

Ellana Minerals Lip & Cheek Gel in Amethyst Swatch (blended)

The tint itself, has a watery gel type texture. You only need a pea-sized amount to get that natural flush on your cheeks.  I find it ideal to use my fingers to apply this tint. I also learned that it looks great when blended right away rather than waiting a few seconds before you start working on it.

This can be a little tricky to apply, especially if you're not familiar with using cheek tints. I like that it lasts for a good 5 hours on my cheeks before it starts fading.

You need not worry about how it smells like, since this tint is fragrance-free. I also did not experience any allergic reactions to the product. The stain does not transfer once it sets. However, it is not easy to remove the stain on my fingers after application.

here's me using the lip and cheek gel on my cheeks and center of my lips

The Ellana Minerals Lip and Cheek tint adheres really well on my cheeks, but it's hard to let it stay on my lips. I have apply several layers on my upper lip for the color to really show. So, I just apply the tint on the center part of my lips most of the time, since it sets easily on that area.

The bottle comes with a pump which is convenient. But sometimes it has the tendency to pump a lot of product, so do be careful with that.

Overall, it's not bad considering the affordable price (around $5) and you get 20ml worth of product. However, I think there are better options in the market with the same price range.

Until next time. 

Cheerios!
***Hollie***

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. Wow! It looks really pigmented! And 5 hours is a good wear time! I wanna try this out! ^^


    xoxo,
    Anna Luisa
    My International Giveaway: http://lotsofgirlstuff.blogspot.com/2014/06/palty-hair-dye-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gives this natural kind of blush. Not bad for its affordability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sad what happened with your nanny :/ she could just come forward and say "look, I found something else, you'll need a replacement" Easy and better.

    As for the tint, it looks really nice! *-*

    Take care*

    ReplyDelete
  4. hay my internet is so bad right now, ive been waiting for 5mins for it to load your selfie pic all i can see now is your forehead :( sayang i shouldve used this pala on my cheeks. i tried my friend's bottle and as a lip tint you're right, its not that good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This product is too difficult. I can't even write about it because I can't use it, haha! I'm glad you blended it out beautifully on your cheeks. I can't seem to get the "edges" of the initial stain to blend out, huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review!

    Whoa... when it's not blended it looks like blood. hahaha! or red jelly, yum yum! not bad for it's price and if it actually reaches up to 5 hours... most tints I've used on my lips don't even last for 3 hours at most. hayyy...

    xoxo
    Nicole
    ChicMix

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this too. I guess it's one of the better tints I've tried but I'm just not into tints e. :P But it looks so good on you! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that seriously sucks about your nanny situation. (What a btch :\)
    I only have one liquid blush tint thingy (Benetint) and I don't think it's as nice as this one, not gonna lie. It's far too sheer, while this looks a tad more pigmented. I wonder instead of a pump, would a dropper be better for dispensing? ANYWAYS, love how this makes you look like you're naturally flushing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks very natural on your cheeks! Too bad it is not good as a lip tint. I'm planning to get one pa naman soon.. oh well. :/

    www.beautychapter.net

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. ^_^

Get new posts by email:
Creative Commons License
Random Beauty by Hollie is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 International License.