Happy 2nd Blogversary!

7:52:00 AM

Hey ladies, Random Beauty by Hollie blog is officially 2 years old! Yay! My blog has come a long way since my first beauty related post last Oct 23, 2010 (here). It has changed so much over the past couple of years and I'm happy to see what I have accomplished. I'm glad that I was able to meet beautiful people and gained loyal readers.  I really appreciate you ladies for taking time to read my posts and for believing in my reviews and wanting to know my thoughts about certain products.

I initially thought that I wasn't going to last this long, because doing each post takes so much time and effort. From testing products, taking photos, to doing research. But I have come to love blogging ever since I found my niche as a beauty blogger. I can talk about makeup and beauty products all day and I'm glad that I have this blog to serve as my stress reliever.


Editing and improving my blog isn't a walk in the park. It takes so much of my time since I personally tweak the html or css codes for my templates.  I also make my own banners or blog headers from scratch through Photoshop CS4. (I was a freelance graphic artist back in 2006)

As my blog has evolved, I too have improved as a person. I was rather shy and had low self esteem when I first started blogging. Because of beauty blogging, I met different personalities both online and in real life. They really helped me become a better person that I am today. I'm now more confident and comfortable in my own skin.


If it wasn't for beauty blogging, I wouldn't have become a freelance makeup artist. I have not studied from any beauty school nor have I attended any makeup workshops.  I'm a self taught makeup artist and everything that I have learned about makeup is from reading Beauty Books, watching Youtube Tutorials, doing online research and through practice.

My love for makeup and passion for making people look fabulous is simply a Hobby (an expensive one at that LOL). I don't intend to make this as a career, I do this for fun. ^_^

was playing with my makeup one morning and hubby woke up! LOL

I do have something in store for you ladies and it will be announced very soon, so stay tuned.

Until next time.

Cheerios!
***Hollie***

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

  1. Happy anniversary to your blog!!! :) You've accomplished so much! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on turning 2~~ ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Galing galing mo talaga magblend ng colors. Wishing I can be half as good as you.. practice pa. :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! You are very good in doing your eye makeup! Love it! Can you please make a tutorial on that eye makeup on your blog header? :) More power....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your anniversary Hollie! Your new banner looks pretty. It's one of my goals to be able to design my own graphics someday. :) More power!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on 2 years Hollie!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the greetings ladies, I really appreciate it! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Hollie! :) Keep up the good work! I'm hoping to see you in person too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on such a milestone! Sticking with something for long isn't easy considering you also have other responsibilities as well. xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. ^_^

Get new posts by email:
Creative Commons License
Random Beauty by Hollie is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 International License.